Sunday, May 20, 2007

Bee Swarm on a Pussy Willow



When I came home, I noticed a lot of bees buzzing around my trees.

I sat in the car and watched them for a while.

First they started swarming on the Honey Locust but then they moved over to the Pussy Willow and onto the ground next to it.

It's raining a little bit and cool so they are just sitting there.

I'm going to call the Animal Control tomorrow to see what to do.

I'm not going to Pay someone to remove it.

I may just have to Nuke it from Orbit.

Just to be sure.

Comments:
It might be a hive on the move. If a hive gets too big, they will split off to make a new one. Let them hang out there and maybe you'll have some honey this fall.
 
Water balloons filled with white gas.

Just saying.

Take pictures.
 
Call a beekeeper.

They will take the swarm for free. It's money to them.
 
I just went out and checked on them 11pm.

They look dead because they are just laying there in a wet clump. I touched a couple on the bush and they moved.
We'll see in the morning.
 
http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2006/08/28/buuuuurrrrning-hot-lysol-flamethrower/

Get a friend to take a video and YouTube it please!
 
That's pretty cool RG.

I keep hearing and seeing news about a disease that's killing a helluva lot of bees in this country. There's major concern because of the tremendous amount of pollenating honey bees do, especially for crops.

And unless you get the uber-aggressive kind, they're very docile. I've helped lessen my little girl's fear of bees by showing her you can actually touch them without them showing the least bit of aggression.

Keep us posted.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Full disclosure;
I've been offered a free firearms training course at Front Sight in exchange for posting these links.
Since I've already taken one of their excellent courses, I jumped at the chance to get a free one.